Work Begins on City of Stratford Sport Tourism Strategy
The City of Stratford has partnered with investStratford and Destination Stratford to develop a Sport Tourism Strategy for the City.
The project, funded through a grant that will be announced shortly, will assess the City’s current tourism assets, gather information through public consultations and provide a strategy for growth and next steps.
All members of the public, sports groups, and service clubs are encouraged to participate in the consultations. Opportunities will include online engagement via the City of Stratford’s Engage Stratford platform (https://engagestratford.ca), as well as in-person public consultations.
- If you are a member of the general public, please take the general public survey:
SURVEY FOR GENERAL PUBLIC
- If you represent a sport activity, please take the sport stakeholder survey:
SURVEY FOR SPORT STAKEHOLDERS
- If you represent a tourism accommodation, restaurant or support service, please take the tourism operator survey:
SURVEY FOR TOURISM OPERATORS
The Sport Tourism Strategy project aims to:
- determine the economic impact, and the size and scope of existing sport tourism opportunities – including an inventory of capital assets (infrastructure) and human assets (volunteer groups, local sport associations)
- explore the potential to expand those existing opportunities and to identify new areas for growth, complete with financial and socio-community impacts, effects and outcomes
- consider and recommend technology tools that link sport bookings to tourism assets, amplifying the visitor experience with local retail, food/beverage and accommodation providers
- provide a needs analysis for growth and potential funding opportunities
COMMUNITY INPUT OPPORTUNITIES
Sport Tourism Strategy Input Timeline
Stratford Sport Tourism Strategy
Stakeholder Workshops Oct. 12
Public Town Hall Session
Stakeholder Workshops Oct. 13
Destinate Group was selected as the consultant to lead this work, and started public consultation on the Sport Tourism Strategy in September.
For more information, please contact:
519-305-5055 extension 1001; jgerber@investStratford.com