The Stratford Destination Development Fund (DDF) formerly known as DAP received a positive response in applications with 13 submissions totalling over $90,000 requested. A total of 6 cultural projects were selected for funding to help strengthen Stratford’s rich cultural experiences this year.
The Stratford Destination Development Fund was established with investment from Regional Tourism Organization (RT04), Downtown Stratford BIA and Destination Stratford to enable and support experiential projects that are highly shareable and have high impact on the destination. The selected projects directly align with Stratford’s cultural DNA and will strengthen the experiences and storytelling opportunities for both residents and visitors.
The successful 2022 applications selected for co-investment include:
- Stratford Writers Festival – Poetry is Music
- Stratford Summer Music – World in a Weekend – Concerts
- Stratford Perth Museum – Walt Wingfield – The Last Waltz
- Playmakers! – Stratford Lantern Parade 360 Photobooth
- Kim McCarthy Studios – Emergence
- Gallery Stratford – ARTscreen
Entering into the seventh year, DDF partners are delighted with the passionate and creative applications received.
“Stratford’s perseverance and innovative spirit are on full display with the 2022 DDF applications.” – Zac Gribble, Executive Director, Destination Stratford.
“We are so excited to see these projects breathe life into our community this year.” – Pamela Coneybeare, Chair, Downtown Stratford BIA.
The goals of the Stratford DDF include:
- Increase the number of sustainable and high-quality visitor-focused experiences.
- Provide opportunities for destination storytelling and visitor generated content creation.
- Strengthen the network of destination stakeholders taking an active role in our tourism future.
The cultural events and experiences will be launched throughout 2022.
In addition to DDF, other programs that may be of interest to applicants are:
Email the DDF team at firstname.lastname@example.org.