While every day might feel a little bit like Family Day lately, let this holiday help to recharge, reconnect and unplug by spending quality time with your loved ones. We’ve compiled a list of family fun ideas!
Embrace the winter season this weekend by venturing out on one of the many gorgeous trails that surrounds us. Or consider grabbing the toboggan and hitting the hills for the ultimate family day fun!
TJ Dolan Trail
Avon River Loop
Stratford Public Art Walk
Wildwood Conservation Area
It’s time to get creative and PLAY!
Check out this exciting partnership between the Stratford Perth Museum and Gallery Stratford called Culture Camp ! A unique, interactive, hands-on virtual camp exploring the 20th century through virtual field trips of local destinations, amazing art activities, dance, cooking and more! Here’s the best part, you choose when you want your child(ren) to participate. Once you have subscribed to the pre-recorded camp content, it’s yours for life! A one-of-a-kind opportunity awaits you.
Bring the library to your living room
Take out that Stratford Public Library card and choose from a wide selection of great books to dive into this long weekend. Or discover the Creative Bug through the Stratford Public Library website! Unlimited access to over 1000 online art and craft classes. Includes Knitting, Crochet, Art & Design, Paper, Sewing, Quilting, Jewelry, Kids, Food + Home, Holiday + Party and more!
Snuggle up and watch some great streaming services
- Stratford Perth Museum offers exciting content featuring local history on their own YouTube channel called Museum Television .
- Stratford Symphony Orchestra
- The Digital Library offered through the Stratford Public Library allows you to read, listen, watch, learn and research online. Families can download books to read for the whole family with ELibrary – Read
- The Stratford Public Library has live streaming services that are available with your library card. Download Library Streaming Service , Kanopy Streaming Service , Kanopy Kids Streaming Service
Nothing brings people together more than cooking in the kitchen. Plan ahead and pick up fresh, local ingredients from your favourite grocers.
- The Butcher The Baker , Downie Street Bakehouse, The Gentle Rain Health Food Store , The Hub Butchery & Market , The Little Green Grocery , The Milky Whey Cheese Shop , Olive Your Favourites , Troyer’s Spices (St. Marys)
- Some of your favourite restaurants offer their own pasta, sauces and dinner kits! Check out: AO Pasta , Fellini’s Italian Cucina , Mercer Kitchen & Beer Hall , Pazzo Taverna & Pizzeria
If you’re too busy playing games and hitting the trails to cook up a homemade meal, no problem! Check out our list of delivery and take-out options visitstratford.ca/takeout.
Avoid disappointment from Monday closures and plan ahead for your family fun holiday!
We’d love to hear about your Family Day adventures. Be sure to tag us on social! #LOVESTRATFORD