Immerse Yourself in Stratford’s Natural Beauty
As well as being a lush oasis of art and culture, Stratford was also made for those that love walking, biking, hiking or golfing.
For a fresh breath of air, you can follow the path through our downtown gardens and parks to nature trails and a conservation area that lies just outside of town.
Spend the day (or two) recharging with blooms, greenery, birds, water and so much more.
To guide you, we’ll offer some suggestions for walking and cycling tours in and around Stratford below.
Come to take a deep breath and enjoy the peaceful beauty of our gardens. Stratford’s Avon River links five gorgeous gardens that fill spring, summer and autumn with colour. Here, we have created our own little Eden, and we want to share it with you.
Discover our prizewinning gardens along the Avon River:
- Shakespeare Gardens
- Arthur Meighen Gardens – Stratford Festival Theatre Grounds
- Japanese Garden – beside Gallery Stratford
- Swans of Stratford
See our trails and places to wander to get the most of nature:
- T.J. Dolan Natural Area
- The Avon Trail – Take A Hike! Stratford Side Trail Map PDF
See route updates on avontrail.ca or on the app before heading out! Please be respectful to the area while hiking.
- Wildwood Conservation Area
- Fryfogel Arboretum
Choose a self-directed walking or cycling tour:
- Stratford Audio Walking Tours – Riverwalk Personalities, Epitaphs & Headstones, Art Walk
- Stratford City Walking and Biking Tour (PDF)
- 6 Countryside Bicycling Tours
- Cycle Stratford has many route and group ride resources
- Goderich to Guelph Rail Trail Over 127 km of safe passage to Hike, Bike, Run or Walk
Forage on our guided trek for wild edibles or try out our area fishing :
- Puck’s Plenty opens a door into Nature’s Garden of Wild Edibles
Enjoy clean, fresh air and challenging greens on the golf course: