The stores in the historic downtown are generally open 7 days a week during the theatre season. Most stores open at 9:30 am and close at 5:30 pm, and remain open until 8:00 pm on Friday evenings. Some smaller stores close on Monday or Sunday. Do check with the store you wish to visit to confirm the hours. Stratford shopping malls are open daily with extended evening hours throughout the entire year.
- There are metered parking spaces in the downtown. Most meters are for three hours, with some exceptions, and cost $1.00 per hour. There is three hour free parking on Saturdays between December 1 and April 30. Parking is free all day Sundays throughout the year.
- Blue coloured handicap parking spaces are available throughout the downtown.
- If you are attending a performance at the Festival Theatre, there is a large parking lot on Queen Street at the Avon River. Parking is available for cars during performances only for $10.00 in advance, $12.00 at the entrance. There is free parking along Lakeside Drive and along the circular drive in Upper Queen's Park. The Buick Drive parking lot (next to the Festival Theatre) is $20.00 limited availability. Special Access Parking is available in the Buick Drive parking lot. There is limited availability, so we recommend that you reserve Special Access parking when you book your tickets. Cost: $10.00 with valid permit.
- Please note that overnight parking on all city streets is prohibited.
Parking map of downtown Stratford, including accessible spaces.
Map of Stratford
- Download a PDF map of the City or a PDF map of Perth County.
- Use the City of Stratford's GIS Interactive Mapping Tool.
The following companies offer taxi services in Stratford:
- City Cab - (519) 272-2222
- Radio Cab - (519) 271-4242
City of Stratford Transit provides a convenient alternative to driving within Stratford. There are 6 regularly scheduled transit routes within the City and the frequency of pick-up is every 30 minutes. Passes and schedules are available through the Transit Office at City Hall. Schedule & Pass Information: 519-271-0250, ext 264.
- Stratford General Hospital, 46 General Hospital Drive at West Gore and Cambria Streets (519) 271-2120