We look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford! Here’s a few things you may be wondering about. We are also available to answer your questions, just reach out.
When can I begin to visit Canada again?
Currently, American Citizens and Permanent Residents, as of August 9, 2021, may cross the border into Canada. Confirm your eligibility on the Government of Canada’s travel restrictions page .
What will I need to travel from the United States into Canada and back?
You will need a valid United States passport and proof that you have received two doses of an approved Covid-19 vaccine. If you have these items, please review the other pre-entry and entry requirements listed here , including pre-entry and arrival testing. Fully vaccinated traveller exemption checklist
How do I get to Stratford?
- Toronto: 2 Hours (Route Options )
- Ottawa: 6 Hours (Route Options )
- Detroit: 3 Hours (Route Options )
- Port Huron: 2 Hours (Route Options )
- Buffalo: 3 Hours (Route Options )
- Chicago: 8 Hours (Route Options )
U.S. Visitors to Stratford should also allow extra time for delays at border crossings. For requirements and wait times, visit Border Wait Times online.
What are the current health restrictions that I will encounter in Canada, and Ontario specifically?
Ontario is currently in stage 3 of their reopening plan and here are some things you need to be aware of:
- Masks are required for all indoor spaces.
- Masks may also be required for outdoor spaces, including patio dining when you are not seated.
- There are capacity limits in place for indoor spaces and outdoor events. Spaces and events often fill up, reserve in advance, where possible.
- Hand sanitizer stations are offered and encouraged for use at most businesses and venues.
What goods can I bring back across the border?
For information on paying duty, personal exemption amounts and what goods are allowed, please visit Duty Free Canada .
How long can I stay in Canada?
Most visitors may stay in Canada for 6 months. For more information, visit the Government of Canada Help Centre .
All information on this page is subject to change as restrictions tighten and loosen during this time.
Ready to plan your visit?