Stratford's Music Highlights & Contemporary Music Scene
Whatever time of year you visit Stratford you will be treated to musical events and concerts from churches, heritage concert halls and in our parks and gardens.
- The Stratford Concert Band has been a Stratford musical institution since 1907 and is recognized as one of Ontario’s best community orchestras.
- The Stratford Symphony Orchestra is a regional orchestra that offers classical music concerts to Stratford and surrounding communities. "A Life-Enriching Experience Through Live Music Performance."
- The Stratford Concert Choir was formed 27 years ago and is 70 voices strong. The Choir sings mainly from the classical repertoire and their concerts often include other musical forces, like the Stratford Concert Band, children's choirs, and many great soloists.
- The highlight of the year is Stratford Summer Music with musical artists of international stature filling our concert halls, parks and churches in July and August.
- The Blyth Festival presents its Ontario Open Country Singing Contest that gives every budding Idol a chance to air their pipes and win some great prizes.
- The celebration of savoury ribs and soulful blues takes place each June along the banks of the beautiful Avon River at the Stratford Blues and Ribfest.
- INNERchamber is a new chamber music concert series in Stratford, with a vision for reshaping the typical concert-going experience.
- Spring brings out the blooms in our gardens but it is the start of our musical concert season starting with the Kiwanis Festival of the Performing Arts every April.
- Perth Arts Connect is an arts collective composed of Stratford and Perth County artists, performers and cultural and heritage associations and is an excellent source for creative resources in the area.
- Start Stratford's arts and culture magazine offers profiles and features on the writers, performers and artists who make Stratford their creative home.
Stratford's contemporary music scene
Stratford's contemporary music scene is one of the most vibrant in Ontario. From alt-country to folk, indie-rock to dance, we are pleased to present a few of our local musical artists and links to sample their music:
- Dayna Manning daynamanning.com
- Peter Oldridge myspace.com/theurbanmonks
- Brad Canning Band myspace.com/bradcanning
- Brittlestar brittlestar.com
- Dance Floor Refraction myspace.com/dancefloorrefraction
- Dr. Payne myspace.com/drpayneandthedisease
- Luke Robertson Humber Jazz myspace.com/lucasjeremy
- Brad McGoey myspace.com/happymcgriffin
- B.W. Pawley & Plum Loco myspace.com/bwpawleyandplumloco
- Jake Leiske, Laura Rose, Jay Riehl & David Kalmuski myspace.com/theswampstudio
- Justin Bieber justinbiebermusic.com
- Michael Bannerman michaelbannerman.com