Scenic Painting for Theatre
ARTIST INSTRUCTOR: LAURIE TOME
August 1 – 5, 2022 – Five day course
Discover techniques and methods used by generations of theatrical scenic artists, during this one-week intensive course.
Learn and expand on the following skills:
· Train in the use and safe handling of painting materials and tools;
· Learn about colour theory;
· Gain confidence mixing scenic paints;
· Acquire skills in chemical compatibility;
· Experiment with marbling techniques;
· Create brick and concrete facades;
· Develop wood graining skills;
· Create effective aging and break down; and
· Paint using many different methods on different materials.
At the end of this course you will have examples of all of these facades and techniques that you may take home with you.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each of these courses ensures instruction is geared to the participant’s skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
Under guidance from Huron Perth Public Health, Off the Wall is requiring proof of vaccination for all students attending this course.
Cost: $560 (materials included) for the five day course.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
163 King Street,
Stratford N5A 4S2
Target enrollment: 8 students