Immerse yourself in Stratford's natural beauty
As well as being a lush oasis of culture, Stratford was also made for lovers of walking, biking, hiking, or golfing. For a fresh breath of country air, you can simply follow the path through our prize-winning downtown [gardens] and parks to nature trails and a conservation area that lie just outside of town. Spend the day recharging with blooms, greenery, birds, water….
To guide you, we offer some suggestions for walking and cycling tours in and around Stratford.
Gardens—discover our prize-winning gardens and the bird-life along the Avon River
The natural world—trails and places to wander in nature
- Shakespearean Garden Tour - right-click to download
- Stratford City Walking and Biking Tour (PDF)
- 6 Countryside Bicycling Tours
- Cycle Stratford has many route and group ride resources
- Goderich to Guelph Rail Trail Over 127 km of safe passage to Hike, Bike, Run or Walk
Or guided foraging trek
- Puck's Plenty opens a door into Nature's Garden of Wild Edibles
Golf—enjoy clean, fresh air and challenging greens