- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Samsonite
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Distill
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Bradshaws
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Touchmark
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: MacLeod's Scottish Shop
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Grace the Boutique
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Wills & Prior
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Resonance
- Lynn Spence Shops Stratford: Rhéo Thompson Candies
- Vincent Michael Stacey - Chef, Pazzo Pizzeria
- Dee Christensen - Owner, The Planet Diner
- Jamie Crosby - Chef De Cuisine, The Prune
- Heather MacArthur - Owner/ Culinary Creative, Grounded
- Jeremy Hayton - Chef, The Mill Stone Restaurant & Bar
- Ryan O'Donnell - Executive Chef Windsor Hospitality, Mercer Kitchen + Beer Hall + Hotel, The Prune, York Street Kitchen, Bar 151
- Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
- Jill Thorpe - Kitchen Manager, York Street Kitchen
- Suzi Svetlana Christensen - Chef/Co-Owner, The Planet Diner
- Meaghan Evely - Saucier, Pazzo Taverna
- Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
- Introducing Stratford's #nextgen Chefs
- Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
- Live music creates memories and magic. Special experiences are waiting for you.
- Secrets of Stratford Revealed. Press Play to See For Yourself!
- Find yourself in a world of creativity
- Passion for Food and Fun
- Innovation and Boundless Creativity
- Meet Stewart - Top 5 Stratford Series - Zany Gifts
- Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
- Meet Amanda - Top 5 Stratford Series - Local Gifts
- Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
- Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
- Meet Erin - Top 5 Stratford Series - Charcuterie
- Meet Pamela - Top 5 Stratford Series - Entertaining
- Meet Mark - Top 5 Stratford Series - Beverages
Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
Posted under #StratfordAlwaysOn on May 13, 2019
Does your heart melt at the thought of sweet, rich chocolate? Or does your pulse race at the thought of bacon and beer? Either way, we get it.
That’s exactly why Stratford is home to two world-famous self-guided culinary tours: the Savour Stratford Chocolate Trail and the Savour Stratford Bacon & Ale Trail. They’re fun, affordable, delicious, and totally customized to your Stratford experience.
Here’s a look at these two tempting options for an adventure this spring - or all year round.
The bakers and confectioners of Stratford are known around the globe for their fresh, modern takes on traditional favourites: chocolates, cakes, cookies, candies, tarts, ice cream, drinks, and much more.
When you set off on the Chocolate Trail, you’ll experience a sampling of decadent desserts and hand-crafted indulgences unlike anything else on Earth. Take your time. Stroll through the shops of Stratford and enjoy a personalized adventure at your own pace.
Along the way, you’ll meet the chocolatiers who craft each shop’s unique creations. Browse treats for sale and see new innovations in the world of sweets. You’ll quickly discover why Stratford is a hot spot for chocolate lovers.
How can you take the tour? In person, visit Stratford Tourism . Online, you can buy a gift certificate in advance and when you arrive in Stratford, stop by 47 Downie Street for a trail voucher. Each voucher is good for six self-guided tour stops and is valid for one week from the date of purchase, year round. See a complete list of Chocolate tour stops here . Cost: $30+HST.
What makes bacon better? Beer! What makes beer better? Bacon! That’s the simple and delicious philosophy behind Stratford’s Bacon & Ale Trail.
And it’s no wonder the city decided bacon and ale would be perfect partners. Stratford sits in the heart of Ontario’s pork-producing country and is home to plenty of clever craft brewers.
Chat with the rising culinary stars of Stratford and move at your own pace on the tour. The Bacon & Ale Trail includes restaurants, shops, breweries, and even a 160-year-old farm. So bring a buddy, set aside some time, and explore the bacon and beer flavours of Stratford.
How can you take the tour? Buy a gift certificate in advance and when you arrive in Stratford, stop by Stratford Tourism at 47 Downie Street for a trail voucher. Choose a mix of five self-guided tour stops per voucher, which is valid for one week from the date of purchase, year round. See a complete list of Bacon & Ale tour stops here. Cost: $30+HST.
Spring in Stratford
Ready for even more adventure this spring in Stratford? We’re a city full of authentic culinary wisdom, soaring artistic vision, and hip shopping options. Take the perfect spring getaway and explore the vibrant cultural core of Ontario. To help you #SavourSpring, our partners have put together special offers.