- Vincent Michael Stacey - Chef, Pazzo Pizzeria
- Dee Christensen - Owner, The Planet Diner
- Jamie Crosby - Chef De Cuisine, The Prune
- Heather MacArthur - Owner/ Culinary Creative, Grounded
- Jeremy Hayton - Chef, The Mill Stone Restaurant & Bar
- Ryan O'Donnell - Executive Chef Windsor Hospitality, Mercer Kitchen + Beer Hall + Hotel, The Prune, York Street Kitchen, Bar 151
- Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
- Jill Thorpe - Kitchen Manager, York Street Kitchen
- Suzi Svetlana Christensen - Chef/Co-Owner, The Planet Diner
- Meaghan Evely - Saucier, Pazzo Taverna
- Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
- Introducing Stratford's #nextgen Chefs
- Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
- Live music creates memories and magic. Special experiences are waiting for you.
- Secrets of Stratford Revealed. Press Play to See For Yourself!
- Find yourself in a world of creativity
- Passion for Food and Fun
- Innovation and Boundless Creativity
- Meet Stewart - Top 5 Stratford Series - Zany Gifts
- Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
- Meet Amanda - Top 5 Stratford Series - Local Gifts
- Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
- Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
- Meet Erin - Top 5 Stratford Series - Charcuterie
- Meet Pamela - Top 5 Stratford Series - Entertaining
- Meet Mark - Top 5 Stratford Series - Beverages
Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
Posted under Top 5 Stratford Series on Oct 10, 2018
Top 5 delicious vegan dishes even carnivores will love!
Meet Renée. She is a local strength training, yoga and spinning instructor with her own studio. She loves good coffee, eating, being active outdoors, hiking, camping and canoeing. Eating well is a part of her healthy lifestyle. Here are Renee’s Top 5 vegan dishes bursting with flavour.
Renee loves The Pulp Fresh Bar's Inka Trail Fresh Bowl. This fresh bowl has kale, tomato, lentils, corn, avocado and red onion. The dressing is a special Peruvian sauce with heaps of cilantro - and get this... for being a “no cilantro” person, she actually loved the sauce! It is so fresh and packs lots of flavour. She may be a cilantro fan after all! You can choose to have this bowl served over rice or quinoa. Renee personally like this bowl over rice, as it is more filling that way.
Renée raves "The Planet Burger (a vegan burger at Planet Diner) will knock your socks off!" You won’t believe it’s made of only plant ingredients...really. It’s “beefy”, juicy, has amazing cashew “cheeze” on it and if you get it with side of onion rings you’ll be happy, happy, happy! Don’t leave without dessert: YOU MUST order the cashew ice cream. It will amaze you! It's sooo good!
Renee really loved the "Pineapple & Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl" at Grounded. It’s so flavourful, and filling thanks to the rice and black beans. The pineapple gives this bowl a sweet and refreshing flavour too! The sauce on this bowl is also amazing...she’ll be ordering this bowl again and again!
At Soup Surreal Renée struggles to make just one choice...but finally decides her fall favourite is the Moroccan Tomato. It is a hearty soup with a lovely nutty flavour. This soup contains natural peanut butter, toasted pecans, tomatoes (of course) and sweet potatoes among other delicious fresh ingredients. It is important to note that this soup does include honey, so vegans who do not eat honey should choose another option.
In the fall Renee loves soups. She picked the delightful Golden Pumpkin Soup at Stratford Thai for the perfect fall lunch. There is a delicious curry spice to this soup which nicely complements the pumpkin. She adds a side of steamed veggies with peanut sauce for a more filling meal, and suggests the fresh mango salad for a lighter meal.
Enjoy Renée's Top 5 vegan dishes in Stratford, ON. Tell us your Stratford faves.