- Vincent Michael Stacey - Chef, Pazzo Pizzeria
- Dee Christensen - Owner, The Planet Diner
- Jamie Crosby - Chef De Cuisine, The Prune
- Heather MacArthur - Owner/ Culinary Creative, Grounded
- Jeremy Hayton - Chef, The Mill Stone Restaurant & Bar
- Ryan O'Donnell - Executive Chef Windsor Hospitality, Mercer Kitchen + Beer Hall + Hotel, The Prune, York Street Kitchen, Bar 151
- Trena Hough - Owner, The Pulp Fresh Bar
- Jill Thorpe - Kitchen Manager, York Street Kitchen
- Suzi Svetlana Christensen - Chef/Co-Owner, The Planet Diner
- Meaghan Evely - Saucier, Pazzo Taverna
- Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
- Introducing Stratford's #nextgen Chefs
- Stratford Spring Adventure: Explore the Chocolate, Bacon and Ale Trails
- Live music creates memories and magic. Special experiences are waiting for you.
- Secrets of Stratford Revealed. Press Play to See For Yourself!
- Find yourself in a world of creativity
- Passion for Food and Fun
- Innovation and Boundless Creativity
- Meet Stewart - Top 5 Stratford Series - Zany Gifts
- Meet Elizabeth - Top 5 Stratford Series - Guy Gifts
- Meet Amanda - Top 5 Stratford Series - Local Gifts
- Meet Alex - Top 5 Stratford Series - Host Gifts
- Meet Renee - Top 5 Stratford Series - Vegan
- Meet Erin - Top 5 Stratford Series - Charcuterie
- Meet Pamela - Top 5 Stratford Series - Entertaining
- Meet Mark - Top 5 Stratford Series - Beverages
Kris Schlotzhauer - Chef/Owner, AO Pasta
Posted under Stratford's #nextgen Chefs on Apr 1, 2019
Meet Kris Schlotzhauer, Chef and Owner of AO Pasta. Kris was born and raised in Stratford and had his first job dishwashing at The Old English Parlour when he was just 14 years old. Ultimately, that's what lead him to fall in love with the kitchen. When it comes to the dish that Kris is most proud to create, he explains how, “we try to root ourselves in tradition. We love to make classic, comforting dishes that have withstood the test of time.” If you're a pasta lover, make sure to visit AO Pasta, located at 38 Erie Street.
- Where did you grow up?
- I was born and raised in Stratford, Ontario.
- What or whom inspired you to pursue a culinary career?
- I had my first job, dishwashing, at The Olde English Parlour when I was 14 and that is when I immediately fell in love with the kitchen.
- How has the culinary landscape of Stratford and area influenced your cooking?
- We love working with some of the great local producers in the Stratford area. It's always a good thing when the people delivering your food are the same people growing it.
- What dish are you most proud of creating?
- We try to root ourselves in tradition as much as we can. We love to make classic, comforting dishes that have withstood the test of time. The classics are classics for a reason, it's pretty hard to improve upon them.
- What celebrity would you like to dine with and why?
- Matty Matheson, because he's a nice guy and I haven't seen him in a while.
TOPICS: NEXTGEN, NEXTGENCHEFS, CULINARY, STRATFORDCULINARYGUIDE, STRATFORD, FOOD, STRATFORDCHEFSSCHOOL