Announcements & Press Releases
Savour Stratford Thanks Sponsors, Donors and Community For Their Continued Support
(Stratford, ON) Savour Stratford Perth County Culinary Festival
presented by GE Café (July 19-20) raised a glass to salute its sponsors
and donors at The Parlour Inn (accommodation partner) on Monday, June 9.
Niagara's Reif Estate Winery, the festival's wine sponsor unveiled
their signature Savour Stratford Riesling and Cabernet Merlot. Community
sponsors were the first to taste the signature wines in appreciation of
their support of the culinary festival.
vintner Klaus W. Reif is a leader in establishing VQA wines in Ontario.
Klaus will present a guided Tutored Talk and Tasting of back vintage
wines from Reif Estates own wine library. Festivalgoers can taste the
Savour Stratford signature wines at the open -air Mill Street Beer and
Wine Pavillion, the Taste of Ontario Artisan Alley and Sunday Grand
Tasting presented by Scotiabank. In addition the Savour Stratford
labeled wines will be for sale in the Farmers and Artisan Market, local
LCBO and a number of local restaurants with $1 from every bottle sold
being donated to the Local Community Food Centre.
celebration of food could not happen without the support of our sponsors
and donors. Our generous sponsors and community support are at the
heart of the festival and it is because of these efforts that the
festival continues to win accolades.
Savour Stratford expressed
their gratitude to everyone who participates in making this culinary
celebration possible. For a complete list of sponsors, more information
and tickets visit www.savourstratford.com.
Stratford Tourism Alliance
519-271-5140 ext 2
POSTED ON 2014-06-10
Savour Stratford Goes Hog Wild
June 9, 2014
For Immediate Release
(Stratford, ON) Savour Stratford goes hog wild as ten area restaurants offer unique and delicious pork dishes June 18-22, our culinary complement to the Ontario Pork Congress (June 18-19) and Stratford Blues and Ribfest (June 20-22).
Stratford and Perth County know pork and our talented chefs are creating exciting menus for lunch and dinner for you to savour. From a Five-Course Nose to Tail Pig BBQ Tasting dinner, to Italian pork sausage on pizza or pasta and traditional favourites like pork schnitzel, and for those who love dessert best- Butter Tart Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
"With Stratford's reputation for raising pork, more than 375 pork producers in Perth County, hosting the Ontario Pork Congress for more than 40 years, and our own Blues and Ribfest our chefs present the perfect way to celebrate." says Cathy Rehberg, marketing manager for Stratford Tourism Alliance.
Plan to enjoy lunch and/or dinner at one of the ten participating restaurants to savour Perth County's best.
• Bentley's Bar and Restaurant - 99 Ontario Street
• Boar's Head Pub - 161 Ontario Street
• Canadian Grub Restaurant - 85 Downie Street
• Fellini's Italian Mediterranean - 107 Ontario Street
• Madelyn's Diner - 377 Huron Street
• Mercer Hall - 104 Ontario Street
• Molly Bloom's Irish Pub - 26 Brunswick Street
• The Parlour Inn Restaurant - 101 Wellington Street
• Pizza Bistro - 72 Wellington Street
• The Prune - 151 Albert Street
Complete Hog Wild Week menus and details are available at www.visitstratford.ca/pork
- 30 -
Contact: Cathy Rehberg, Marketing Manager
Stratford Tourism Alliance, 47 Downie Street Stratford, ON N5A 1W7
Office: 519-271-5140 Email: email@example.com
POSTED ON 2014-06-09
Stratford Celebrates Wheels in Motion Heritage June 7 & 8
May 22, 2014
For Immediate Release
(Stratford, ON) Celebrate Stratford's heritage with a look at wheels that drove Stratford's economy including an Emperor bicycle and Brooks Steamer car built in Stratford and on display during our Spring Heritage Weekend, June 7&8. The wheels theme continues with our newest heritage adventure, guided cycling tours along tree-lined streets and residential neighbourhoods viewing notable landmarks. Enjoy a Stratford favourite, horse-drawn carriage rides and a Classic Car Show in our Victorian downtown.
Visit the Stratford Perth Museum to view several transportation wheels including a restored 1926 Brooks Steamer, one of the last to be built of the mere 150 made in Stratford; an Emperor bicycle manufactured in Stratford; the wooden bicycle used by Stratford Olympian, Thomas McCarthy in the 1902 Olympics; early fire engines and an antique tractor. A private bicycle collection will be featured at the Stratford Antique Warehouse on Saturday, June 7 along with a display of antique tractors. High wheel bicycle demonstrations are also planned, weather permitting. The Classic Car Show set against the backdrop of Stratford's City Hall in Market Square takes place on Sunday June 8 from 11 am - 3 pm. A digital Wheels in Motion Photo Exhibit, by photographer Elizabeth Davidson will be presented at Gallery Stratford during the weekend.
Guided heritage walking tours also provide a glimpse into Stratford's past including:
• Riverwalk heritage featuring breathtaking views along the Avon River
• Railway heritage reveals Thomas Edison's ties to Stratford along with stories of railway rivalries, competition and explosions
• Saints and Sinners heritage introduces the prominent characters in Stratford's history
• The Ghosts of Stratford tours return with new historical personalities haunting our streets as portrayed by Playmakers! Theatre School costumed characters as guides (Friday and Saturday 8 pm - $20A/$15CH)
• Doors Open Stratford presents 14 heritage sites (Saturday, June 7 exclusively - Free and self-guided)
• Just Around the Corner, an outdoor walking tour featuring 12 historic homes begins at 1 pm, 2 pm and 3 pm at 157 Water Street and ends with lemonade and cookies supporting the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario - Stratford Perth County Branch. ($15 per person)
For tickets more information go to www.visitstratford.ca/spring
Heritage Weekend activities are presented by the Stratford Tourism Alliance, the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario-Stratford Perth County Branch, Heritage Stratford, Perth County Historical Foundation and the Stratford Perth Archives along with dedicated volunteers. Follow us on Twitter @StratfordON and Facebook StratfordON.
For more information, visuals or to arrange and interview, please contact Cathy Rehberg, Marketing Manager, Stratford Tourism Alliance, 47 Downie Street Stratford, ON N5A 1W7. Tel: (519) 271- 5410 x 2223 or (800) 561-7926, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTED ON 2014-05-22
VIEW ALL NEWS ITEMS
- Savour Stratford Culinary Festival offers Unique Ontario Cask Ales at its Taste of Ontario – Artisan Alley, Saturday September 21 -
- Stratford Says "Cheese" February 2nd - 9th -
- Stratford's Swan Parade Weekend Celebrates the Arrival of Spring -
- Doors Open Stratford Presents 14 Heritage Sites on June 7 -
You will require Acrobat Reader to view and print PDF files. If you do not
have Acrobat Reader installed, you may download it FREE from Adobe.com.