40th Season of Rundles: May 27 to September 24, 2016.
"On the bank of the River Avon, Rundles is an idyllic spot for pre-theatre dining in Stratford. The room, all grey cement and pale wood, feels like a Mies van der Rohe–designed spa. Chef Neil Baxter, who’s been head chef since 1981, has a flair for the dramatic, in a good way. The tender poached lobster with salmon roe, cubed cucumber, yuzu jelly and dill oil sparkles like a mosaic of multicoloured sea glass and tastes bright and clean. Flawless panfried rib-eye showcases classic training and finesse. At the end of the meal, the server suggests “the famous lemon tart.” The brûléed concoction, studded with toasted pistachios and sided with smooth orange sorbet, lives up to its recommendation." (TorontoLife.com)
- Menu Prices: $89.50 / $99.50 / $119.50 / $179.50 per person.
- Wine pairing: $49.50 / $59.50 / $79.50 per person.
- Corkage fee varies on quality of bottle(s) opened.
- Additional wine, service, and tax are extra.
- Tea paring: $29.50 per person.
Dinner: Tuesday through Sunday. (Closed Monday.)
- Pre-Theatre seating (Tuesday* to Sunday): 5, 5:15, 5:30, 5:45, or 6 p.m.
- Late Dinner seating (Wednesday to Saturday): 6:30, 7:45, 8, 8:15, or, 8:30 p.m.
- Late Dinner seating (Tuesday* and Sunday): 6:30, 7, 7:15, or, 7:30 p.m.
- (*First Tuesday dinner service starts on Tuesday, July 26, 2016.)
The Rundles Morris House, designed by the Canadian architectural firm Shim-Sutcliffe, is available for rent. The house, which functions as a deluxe suite, has a living room, den, bedroom and two bathrooms. Queen size beds, both with down comforters and pillows, are in the bedroom and den. It has a fireplace in the living room, and wonderful views of the lake. The house does not have an elevator, and therefore is not suitable for anyone who cannot climb stairs.
Seasonal, healthy breakfasts are included. Dinner may be served in the house during restaurant hours; and should you wish to use the house for small meetings or parties, we shall be glad to cater these for you.
To check availability, please click here.
- Neil Baxter, chef de cuisine
- Mike Booth, sous chef
- James Morris, proprietor
- Kathlyn Bell, maître d'hôtel
- Richard Maloney, wine director
- Christopher Cantlon, head butler