Stratford Tourism Alliance is seeking a Leading edge Executive Director
If you are a highly-engaged professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply for the position of Executive Director with Stratford Tourism Alliance—the leading tourism marketing organization to promote Stratford.
The City of Stratford is one of Canada’s leading tourism icons. Boasting a growing and diverse economy and home to the internationally recognized Stratford Festival, the region attracts over 1 million visitors each year. It is a leading leisure travel destination that attracts a great deal of media attention for its beautiful setting and strong culinary and cultural assets.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, you will lead a strategic organization that facilitates high-impact tourism marketing programs through a performance based approach. You will:
• Supervise, motivate, and lead staff to achieve STA’s goals through strategic leadership and motivating a strong team;
• Prepare yearly business and marketing plans to support the organization’s strategic direction and priorities;
• Be a self-starter who understands and is highly responsive to organizational, market and industry needs;
• Demonstrate skills in organizational management, financial management and political acuity and diplomacy;
• Monitor statistics and undertake regular competitive analyses of Stratford’s position in the larger tourism industry environment;
• Manage the operational and financial aspects of the Corporation and provide regular reporting in keeping with the policies set by the Board of Directors;
• Facilitate industry development and networking;
• Develop policies, program and service initiatives, expenditure/revenue strategies, and related initiatives to achieve strategic objectives of the STA;
• Establish contracts for external services, development of networks, preparation of grant applications and the undertaking of other activities in support of the organization’s mission, goals, and its business operations;
• Work collaboratively with municipal staff, City Corporations, Stratford Festival, Regional Tourism and community organizations to support partner initiatives to build strategic partnerships and stakeholder alliances;
• Act as the main contact for media relations – approving press releases, editorial calendar, planning and overseeing the media program of the STA;
• Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economic Development, Marketing, or recognized equivalent;
• Progressive, strategic thinking, combined with a results-based approach;
• A minimum of 10 years industry experience including experience in senior leadership or management;
• Demonstrated financial and program management capacity;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of tourism industry;
• Excellent communication and public relations skills;
• Ability to build relationships and consensus and partner effectively with multiple organizations and stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully implement strategic plans;
• Excellent conflict resolution skills and the ability to handle difficult situations;
• A strong ability to advance multiple projects concurrently; and
• An understanding of the municipal accountability and municipal process.
Annual Salary: $83,000 – $90,000 plus benefits
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly outlining your qualifications by 4:00 pm May 16th, 2017. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.